We are happy to have today ~ Pastor Everett Jennings, Sr., pastor of New Providence Baptist Church as our guest preacher to close out our 50th Church Anniversary Celebration for the month of May! Welcome Pastor Everett and Sis. Barbara Jennings.
2. Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. ~ Baptism will take place. If you are a candidate for Baptism, please contact the church office at 810-743-3900 by May 31st.
3. Sunday, June 5, 2016 ~ The men of Grace Emmanuel are being asked to attend a brief meeting immediately after church service. Pertinent information will be provided concerning Men’s Day financial quotas and the importance of supporting the quotas. Please make a special effort to attend. Thank you for your continued support.
4. Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. ~ If you are tired of living paycheck to paycheck, the Entrepreneurs of Grace (EOG) would like to invite the congregation to their networking event in the lower level of the Covenant Enrichment Center. Our speaker will be Sis. Glenna Gates who has over 39 years in finance and banking. She will share how to plan and stick to a budget. Light refreshments will be served. We look forward to fellowshipping with you.
5. Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 7:30 a.m. ~ Grace Emmanuel will host its annual Golf Outing at Boulder Pointe Golf Course in Oxford, MI. Registration and money is due by Monday, June 6, 2016. The cost is $75.00 per person. While all players are welcome, please note that professional golfers and their teams and Grace Emmanuel committee members will be excluded from all contest holes and prizes.
6. A Special Thank You! ~ To Bro. Eddie Watkins who designed our 50th Church Anniversary letter head, program covers, lapel pins and charms, you are truly a blessing to Pastor Jennings and Grace Emmanuel. Also to Sis. Barbara Lewis who made the beautiful, colorful bowties for our Youth Day. God bless you both for your gifts.
7. Sympathy ~ Please pray for Sis. Johnetta Finley and family in the passing of her mother, Mrs. Ruby Edwards of Flint, the grandmother of Kenisha Finley; Sis. Paige Skinner in the passing of her cousin Mrs. Sharee Moore of Flint; Bro. Elwood Jr. and Sis. Chontee Skinner and family in the passing of their aunt Mrs. Mary Skinner of Ohio, the cousin of Sis. Cecilia and Bro. Fred White and family and sister in law of Sis. Angelina Skinner.
8. Youth Choir Rehearsal is every Saturday from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
“This Is The Day The Lord Has Made. Rejoice And Be Glad!”
Members Requesting Prayer
LIST REFLECTS RECENT REQUESTS
Quinton Barbee/Mancine Broome/Marion Collins/Sue Downs/Robin Fields/Taylor Flynn/Min. Perry & Loretta Gill/Stafford Howard Jr./ Earl & Roberta Jamison, Shanika Skinner/Anita Johnson/Jake Kemp/ Dorothy Mattison/Mae Miller/George Moran/Bonita Nelson/Adrienne Oliver/Mae Perry/Robert Robinson/Margaret Tedford/Judy Thornton/Renee Turner/Johnny Wadell/Duffie & Ros Watson/Dea. Otis Williams/Sarah Williams/ Curtis Williamson/Tammy Wooten/Earl Adams (Adams)/ Ronald Backstrom (Wallace)/Saulene Brown (Twitty)/Elizabeth Davis (Kelley)/ Ian Elliott/Shirley Hill (Fletcher)/Sylvia Jones/Ernest & Tanita Kelly/ Gene Lee (Ida Johnson)/Keon Pitts (V. Moore)/Pastor Clifton Rhodes/Renee Turner/ Alicia Powell, Fredrick Simpson, (Betts)/Theresa Samuels (Thornton)/ Winfred Shelton (Clifton)/Celestine Turner (Webb)/ Lisa Jackson, Angelica Thibodeau (A. Skinner)/
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.